Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Goal Setting





One of the biggest things I am learning about myself is that I like to bite off more than I can chew. All of the time. I sign up for online classes and then don't finish because I am overwhelmed. 2014 is the year I am going to change this.  I have bought myself an organiser, DH tells me to use my Ipad but he doesn't understand the joy of using a book and being able to open it easily and, not to mention, decorate it.

My main goal is to have the courage to live my life happily. No more sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

In my organiser I write a daily personal to-do list, no housework. So a typical day might look like this -
  • study
  • exercise
  • One Little Word
  • blog
  • Psychologist visit/meditation
My daily goal is to get through as much of this list as I can.  My long term goals are more along the lines of -

  • eat better
  • sort cupboards
  • travel
I have found that not having goals and just floating through life get me personally nowhere fast.

Do you set goals for yourself?



Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Oh men, they just don't get the whole, decorating and having something in your hands that you can physically hold and cross things off and the joy in doing so haha! I like you sign up to things and then get so overwhelmed that I just take a side line to it all.

    I set goals every month and at the end of the month I blog what I achieved and failed and then on the first again I blog a new set, plus often add the fails again, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, my hubby doesn't understand it either! I have a million planners/notepads lol! Love writing goals and the satisfaction of ticking off things you complete it brill. Good luck with the challenge! I'm joining in too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kellie and Arline, men really dont understand the lure of paper thing. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete