Sunday, May 4, 2014

Blog Every Day in May - Day 4

The prompt for today was to write about a compliment you received that resonated with you.

I have thought long and hard about this all day, and finally I have settled on this -

A couple of years ago I paid a visit to my older cousin, who is also my godmother, and she had not really seen me with my children. Towards the end of the visit she told me that I was a much better mother than she ever thought I would be. At first I was a bit shocked, but she went on to explain that I really knew my children. The good, the bad and the ugly. As a teenager I could be very gullible, and if I am honest even now I can still have the wool pulled over my eyes. But not with my kids. We are close enough that I know when they are lying, or exaggerating.

This compliment stayed with me and I have worked hard to keep up the close relationships with my children as they head into adulthood. We talk about almost anything, even when it's not a comfortable conversation.

So I have to say thank you to my cousin for ensuring I became an even better mother.

Happy Sunday evening!
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful compliment Deb. What a gift you're giving your children too. Hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete